Snapchat is a messaging application based in the US which was developed and released in public in the year 2011. The app has many significant features out of which the display of messages for a short time is the key one. Over the period of time, there are several features that have been added to the application. Primarily used for snaps, described as short videos or pictures, the application has emerged over the period of time and is now one of the most highly used applications in the world.
In the application, there is a separate feature of snapchat score that not many are aware of. Well, snapchat score is the score which depicts the number of snaps shared/received. Some people want to keep their privacy intact and hence, they want to know how to hide Snapchat score. Well, if you are one of them and eager to know about how to hide your score on snapchat, read on!
It all comes down to personal choice whether you want to hide your score from a particular user or want to shut it down for everyone. First things first, if you want to see snapchat score of someone, you need to add them as a friend. If you are not friends with a person, you will not be able to see their snapchat score. If someone added you and you didn’t add them back as friends, you will not be able to see their snapchat score. If someone who is not added tries to check your Snapchat score besides your username, they will return empty handed as the whole section will be displayed blank to them.
How to See the Snapchat Scores of Others?
- Open Snapchat.
- Navigate to the Snapchat menu and click My Friends.
- Tap on a friend’s name.
- The score that you see besides the username is the Snapchat score.
Follow the Steps Mentioned Below and Know How to Hide Score on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat application and proceed to view your chat list.
- Then, find the user from whom you want to hide your snapchat score. If you haven’t added them and it is displaying as pending, then do not worry as they will not be able to see the score in the first place itself.
- Using the search function or the scroll feature, find out the user from whom you want to hide your score.
- Tap on the chat and on the top-left, click on the bitmoji to open their profile. Click on the three-dots icon that will be visible from the profile page.
- Few functionalities will be displayed and among them, search for ‘Remove Friend’ feature.
- Tap on it and you will remove that person from your added list. If you wish to do this to multiple people, you will have to follow the steps all over again and that too for each of them individually.
Alternatively, if you want to hide your score from unknown people, check out the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap on the bitmoji from the cam screen and find out settings.
- In the settings section, choose Contact me. It will be under the Who Can section.
- Change the settings of visibility to “My Friends” from Everyone. This will hide your activity from unknown people.
Note that if you want to increase your snap score, you can do it by sending snaps to celebs. Using the last snap feature and sending them to celebs, your score will get a hike pretty quickly. Moreover, you can also add yourself and send snaps. This can also boost your score in no time. It is obvious that if you see someone’s score stagnant and not increasing, they are not sending snaps to anyone recently. The only way to increase snap score is by sending snaps. If you want to prevent someone from looking into your snap score and daily activity, you can do that by removing them as a friend or blocking them.
That was all about how to hide snapchat score. If you are a regular user of Snapchat and want to maintain privacy by hiding your snap score, you can do it by the above-mentioned steps. However, you can not restrict multiple people at once and therefore, you need to do the task of removing them as friends on each one of them.
For more information, visit Technographx.