Knowing how to delete Snapchat account can come in handy when you don’t feel up to it. Whether a new user who doesn’t get its popularity hype or a seasoned user who is feeling off and wants to permanently delete a Snapchat account, there’s something for you.
Snapchat created a wave of excitement among the youth since its launch. But there’s one thing! Nothing is meant to be permanent, and the same goes with Snapchat, along with your feelings about using the app. So, if you are fed up with using the app or desire to take a break, getting to know how to delete Snapchat account is the best idea.
What happens after Deleting a Snapchat Account?
One of the most sophisticated social media networks, Snapchat has changed the way of communication. From interesting filters for users to letting individuals share their real-time briefs, send pictures, and make video streaks, it is the go-to entertainment app of today’s generation.
Your contact details, friends, chat history, streaks, and other significant account data can be permanently gone if you delete your Snapchat account. Deleting your account is irrevocable and permanent, in contrast to account deactivation. You won’t be able to get any information about your account back if you delete Snapchat on Android & iOS. If that’s what you are in for, let us head on to learn about how to delete a Snapchat account.
How to Delete a Snapchat Account on Android Phone
Before deleting the account permanently, ensure that you get a backup of your Snapchat account. There might be some pics that you would want to keep to keep the memories fresh. Moreover, your past login sessions, account details, Snap history, conversation history, friends and contacts, can also be included in this data.
Follow these steps to get a backup:
1) Open the Snapchat app on your device
2) On the upper-left corner, tap the profile icon
3) Click on the ‘Settings’ icon ( Situated in the upper-right corner )
4) Select ‘My Data’ by swiping down
5) Enter your account password and adhere to the instructions
When your data is backed up, Snapchat will email you a link to download it
Step 2: Launch Snapchat Web Browser
- Open the internet browser and head on to
- You are now on the account deletion page
Step 3: Enter account details
1) Enter your Snapchat username, and click Next
2) Enter your password here and click Next
3) Choose the option “Delete My Account” by tapping on it
Step 4: Deletion Confirmation
- To confirm the deletion, enter your Snapchat username and password once more. What happens when your account is removed is explained by Snapchat here. Never does the account get immediately deactivated. Snapchat will permanently remove your account after 30 days.
- Click on “Continue”
- Your Snapchat is deleted!
How to Delete a Snapchat Account on iPhone
1) Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone
2) Click on your profile, present in the top-left corner
3) In the upper right corner, press the settings symbol
4) Navigate to the bottom of the Settings screen and select Delete Account
5) Open your Snapchat account and log in
6) Confirm your login credentials, and type in the password
7) Click “Continue” on the “Delete Account” page.
Your account is now deleted. However, your Snapchat account will be inactive for 30 days. You can change your mind within the 30-day grace period
How to Recover a Deleted Snapchat Account?
It can happen that you regret the decision to delete your Snapchat account and want to reinstate it. Your Snapchat account can be restored within 30 days following the scheduled termination date by following these steps on how to recover deleted Snapchat account for Android & iPhones.
- Step 1: Open the App
- Step 2: Enter your password and username to log in
- Step 3: Click “Yes” when asked if you wish to reactivate your account
- Step 4: You will be instructed to wait a little while and attempt to access your Snapchat account once more. Simply click on the OK button
- Step 5: Try logging in after a few minutes or so. It should be accessible to you this time
Additional tips after deletion of the Snapchat account
Following the completion of the Snapchat account deletion process, there are a few things you should think about.
- Remove the Snapchat application from your device. To achieve this, either go to your device’s settings to uninstall Snapchat, or tap and hold the app’s icon.
- Announce your departure from Snapchat to your friends and contacts, if you deem it necessary.
After confirming the deletion of your Snapchat account, it takes up to 30 days to permanently delete your account. Within that 30-day period you can opt for reactivation and retrieve your account.
Snapchat retains certain information on the purchases you have made on the app. When you registered for a Snapchat account and accepted the terms and conditions, you had consented to this. It further also retains certain data for legal and security purposes in addition to business purposes.
Yes and No. Yes, you can, but you will have to log in again within 30 days of deleting your account. This way, your account will remain deactivated for a temporary period. No, since if you don’t log in within 30 days, your account will be deleted permanently.
It takes some thought and a few easy actions to delete your Snapchat account. Do not forget to precisely follow the instructions, comprehend the consequences of deleting your account, and back up any crucial data.
Additionally, in the event that you decide to change your mind, the 30-day deactivation period acts as a buffer. You can make sure that the process of canceling your Snapchat account goes smoothly and securely by being aware of and paying close attention to these steps.
Read More :