Looking for ways on how to delete a Reddit account? You are at the right place as we will discuss today on deactivating the account completely, how to delete a reddit account on the app, and how to delete the posts and comments so read on and you will come to know about it.
Reddit allows its users to permanently delete their accounts. There is no provision of deactivating accounts temporarily. If you have made up your mind to get the account deleted, there is no way you can login into the same account again. Once you delete your account, you can’t even access your data inside it. There is no feature for downloading your data on your own so if you want to do it, you need to contact the support team.
You should know one thing that after deleting your account, your comments will still be there on the posts. Author name won’t be shown (it will be shown deleted) but the comments will be there forever. So, if you want to get them deleted, you need to delete each comment/post individually before deleting your account.
Steps on How to Delete Reddit Account
If you have decided Reddit is no longer for you, follow these simple steps to permanently remove a reddit account.
Let’s have a look at the browser steps first.
- The first step is to Log in to your Reddit account.
- Click the Profile icon and click ‘User Settings’.
- Now, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Deactivate Account’ button.
- The next section will show you the information that you should be knowing before you deactivate the account. Firstly, you need to delete individual posts and comments if you want any specific content to get deleted forever. As we said earlier, deleting your account won’t delete any content. Also, if you have any issue with your account, you can contact the customer support before coming to the conclusion of deleting your account.
- Write any comment on why you are deleting the account. That is optional, up to you if you want to write it.
- Re-enter your login credentials.
- Tick the checkbox saying “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and click the Deactivate button to delete your account.
Now, let’s have a look at how to delete a reddit account on an app.
- The first step is to open the Reddit app and sign in to your profile.
- In the top left corner, tap on the profile icon.
- Now, tap Settings.
- Now, you need to scroll down to the bottom until you find “Help Center”, open that.
- Here, you need to type “Deactivate” in the search bar and search.
- You will be shown a post giving you information about deactivating an account, open that.
- There will be “Account settings” to deactivate the account. Find that and open that link.
- If you don’t want to follow the steps then you can directly deactivate your account here.
- You will be redirected to the below page.
- Write the reason why you are deactivating the account.
- Enter your login details.
- Tick the box “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and tap the “Deactivate account” button.
Done, your account no longer exists now.
There is no separate way of deleting your Reddit account from the iOS app but you can open the web link in your browser and follow the steps shown for the browser above to delete the account.
Let’s have a look at the steps to delete Reddit posts and comments.
How to Delete Reddit Posts and Comments?
If you have entered personal details in a comment, you might want to delete it or you might need to delete any/all of your posts before you delete your Reddit account. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete a comment/post.
- Open Reddit’s website and log into your account.
- In the top-right corner, click on the Profile section.
- Now, you will see different tabs here. Click on the “Comments” tab and you will see a list of all comments you have made.
- Look for the comments you wish to delete.
- On the right side of the comment, there will be a “…” sign, click on it.
- Now, click on “Delete” to delete the comment forever.
Similarly, you can delete a post as well by following the same steps and clicking Posts tab instead of Comments.
So, here is an overview on how to delete a Reddit account. Hope you got an overall idea on how to delete it. So, next time when you wish to discontinue using the platform and want to get rid of your account permanently, simply follow the steps shown above and delete it.