Did you know that there were around 1 million Televisions in America during the year 1948? Today, TVs are so popular that 99% of American homes own at least one television. Now, that’s a huge number!
Most of these are smart TVs which are very popular nowadays. So, if you are in the market looking for a smart TV, we are sure you might have come across android TV.
Android TV was born when Google shut down its Google TV program due to the lack of apps. When Android took over, it had access to Google’s Play store, so developers could apply some modifications to the mobile app and turn it into an Android TV app.
Also, these Android TVs come with Google Cast Support. In short, these android TVs are basically Android upgraded for big screens.
So, if you want to know everything about android TV and set up your androidtv. com/setup, here’s a blog for you.
History of Android TV
No one knows when Google started its TV platform, but it was eventually shut down in 2014 and was replaced by android TV.
However, what Google did was a smart move, as Android is recognizable because it is available on a range of devices. However, Google didn’t just stop there. They reintroduced Google TV in the year 2020 along with a Chromecast (streaming device).
Technically speaking, the re-introduced Google TV is just an interface sitting on android TV. This means Google TV supplying all the contents and recommendations actually sits on android TV.
What is Android TV?
Android TV is a television with android capabilities, just like your android devices. As it is an android device, that doesn’t mean you can access emails or pick up calls; it’s just a way to ease your navigation, access to entertainment and simple interactivity, and this will turn your TV smart.
Android TV offers a voice control feature, all thanks to Google Assistant, with which you can control access to different android devices. Like your android device, android TV also supports essential entertainment apps and also offers you apps from weather services to games.
With Android TV, you can easily customize your content according to your preferences.
How Does Android TV Work?
Android TV is very easy to operate. When you start your TV, the first thing that you will see is the main screen/home screen. You will see the TV screen filled with a vertical stream of rows that you can navigate from right to left or vice-versa.
The top row on the screen represents the Content Discovery bar which shows popular content across apps you may use.
Since Google relaunched the Google TV, your android TV might be using Google TV’s layer rather than the Android TV interface, but it is still easy to use.
As soon as the Android TV comes to life, you will notice a search utility powered by Google Assistant. Android TV supports voice commands with the help of the remote. There is a dedicated switch on the remote with which you can activate voice assistance on your android TV.
When you voice search something, android TV will show results from Google Play, Netflix, Hulu, and many more apps. And when navigating from left to right, you will notice handy cards that contain information like the plot of the show or movie, cast and crew, etc.
Apps and Content
Let’s talk about the vertical rows we mentioned before. The second row on the screen features apps like Netflix, Hulu, and more. While on some devices and TVs, you may also find manufacturer’s apps.
You may also find a host of TV inputs in the vertical row, like HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, allowing you to switch between inputs easily. And then below that is the list of downloaded apps or apps available on your device like the Music app, Movie app, Play Store, and more.
After the vertical row of all the apps comes the list of games you have installed on the device. With Android TV, you can enjoy single-player, multi-player, online, as well as offline games.
You can use upto four gamepads and android devices, all at once, while playing games with your friends.
The last part on the home screen refers to a dedicated area where you can click through to access settings, timers, and help guides. If you select the settings option, you will see smart TV settings like Channel setup, external inputs, display settings, and other such options.
One of the best features of owning an Android TV is its built-in chromecast, which helps in casting content.
There’s nothing to worry about if you don’t have a smart TV with a built-in Chromecast. Just buy a chromecast device and attach it to your TV, and you are ready to cast content from your smartphone.
However, with a built-in chromecast Android TV, you can take it a step further and cast movies, music and even browse tabs while sitting comfortably on the couch.
How to Set Up an Android TV Using Androidtv Com Setup?
Just like your ordinary android device, you will also need to run the installation process with your registered Google account. Then select the apps you wish to install and also register the device with the manufacturer.
This process can also be completed with the help of another device or using a web browser, or by manually entering all the data.
Do the following to start the android TV process:
- Connect your android TV using the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back and then turn on the TV and select the HDMI to which the device is connected.
- Choose your preferred language and select next.
- if you use an android phone, you can use the recommended mobile phone settings, skip this and visit androidtv com setup, or enter the data manually.
Configure Using Androidtv Com Setup
In order to set up android TV, you will need a browser to access it.
- Firstly, select “skip” on the selection screen and select the WiFi connection that the TV will be using.
- Now select the option to log in using your Google account: you can select a phone or computer to prevent using the remote.
- Now open a web browser and visit androidtv com setup and write down the code that appears on the TV.
- Now log in to the browser using your Google account that will be transferred to your Android TV.
- At last, complete the process on your TV by accepting all the terms and conditions, and your android TV will be ready to use.
Android TV Setup with Another Android
Configure your Android TV using an android phone.
- Open your android phone settings and search for Google options.
- Then click on the “configure and restore” option, and after that, click on “near machine configuration.”
- Now, navigate to the next screen, and your phone will detect the android TV.
- Then, a code will appear on your phone screen to pair your android tv.
- After that, select the WiFi network your android TV will connect with and also accept Google copy from mobile phone to TV set. Then you will need to authorize the process.
- Next, enter the Google account you will be using with the TV.
- After, Google will configure the Android TV with your data, and you just need to accept the terms and conditions to finish the setup.
- At last, Android TV will suggest apps that you can install when you are in.
Using both methods, you can set up your new androidtv..com/setup in a few simple steps and start enjoying movies, listening to songs, reading the news, and even checking weather conditions in your area.