Everyone loves gift cards and especially gift cards that will help you get what they wish for and add value to their wishes. An Xbox gift card is one such card, which gamers crave for. This card has value for money and gives the gamers an option to buy games they wish to.
Xbox gift card codes refer to a unique series of letters and numbers that a person can use to add store credit to their existing account. They can use this store credit to buy digital products of their wishwishchoosing, provided they have the required money in their bank account. Let us first try to understand what Xbox is before we get into the procedure of redeeming gift cards.
What Is Xbox?
Earlier known as Xbox Live, the Xbox network refers to a Microsoft online service that facilitates gaming and distribution of content for the Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox 360 video gaming systems. Here you get a platform to play games with other people online. You will even have the chance to download demos, trailers, and live games and play the same on Xbox live arcade.
During In the games, you get to choose a name for yourself that will be your gaming name for the other users. Xbox allows you to play with your existing friends and even gives you the chance to make new friends online and engage in playing with them.
Another tenet of Xbox known as Xbox live gold refers to a service based on the subscription that a user can purchase from three months or six months to one year. You have the option of buying such subscription cards from the retail stores or sign up by registering your credit card on the console itself. For proper usage, you need an Xbox 360 or Xbox one along with a proper broadband internet connection.
There are primarily two types of service;
- Free Level: Previously known as Xbox live silver, it lets you do many activities like downloading things from the Xbox marketplace, chatting with your friends, etc. You also have an option for using apps like Netflix, ESPN, and many others.
You can share your gamer profile with other players on the platform. There is an opportunity for you to chat in groups and gain access to multiplayer to play games for free. Remember that you cannot play most of the games online if you do not have an Xbox Live gold subscription.
- Subscription Level: The subscription level allows you to enjoy all the Xbox features and play all the available games online. It requires just the minimum subscription cost.
The Procedure of Redeeming Xbox Codes
The accounting system in use on Xbox One consoles is the same for Microsoft stores on Windows 10 computers. The money you add to your Xbox account via an Xbox redeem code is also usable on Windows 10 devices. Therefore, you can use the same account for both systems.
You can understand this better with an example:
Let us assume that you redeemed an Xbox gift card code worth $70 on your Xbox one console. Now you have the option of using $50 for buying a game for Xbox. The rest of the $20 is available for buying some movie or app on your Windows 10 computer.
How Can You Redeem the Codes of Xbox Live Gold?
Xbox Live gold codes for redeeming work in resemblance with the gift card codes of Xbox and Microsoft. However, there is one difference; instead of adding any credit to your Microsoft account for the expenditure on digital purchases. It will either activate an Xbox Gold live subscription or add to an existing one.
Let us now examine how you can redeem your Xbox digital gift card on two platforms;
Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards On Web
When you search for one of the easiest ways of redeeming your Xbox gift card code, the procedure of doing it via Microsoft comes at the top. All that you require is to visit http://www.redeem.microsoft.com/, then enter your code on the available option and press next to get the balance credited to your account with immediate effect.
Redeeming Xbox Gift Card Codes On Xbox One
You need to take note of the following method to achieve your objective;
- Turn on your Xbox and log in with your account if you have not already.
- Navigate yourself to the store tab by clicking four times on the RB button of your Xbox controller.
- After you reach the store, highlight the place “use a code”, following which, press the button A on your Xbox controller.
- Once you press the A button on your Xbox controller, the on-screen keyboard activates. Now you have to enter your Xbox Gift card code or the windows one over there.
- Then press B to get the on-screen keyboard disabled.
- You have to use the arrow keys or the joystick to guide the cursor to the next button. On pressing A, your code gets confirmed, and it finds a place in your account.
Using Xbox Apps To Redeem Xbox Gift Card Codes
You can redeem your Xbox gift card through Xbox apps available for iOS, android, windows ten laptops, smartphones, and other devices. The following procedure will guide you through;
- First of all, open the Xbox app on your device. Once it is open, click on the Hamburger menu that you will find in the top left corner. It will open the menu.
- Click on Microsoft store > Redeem a code.
- You will find a field there. Enter your code in the available space and select next.
Using Windows 10 To Redeem Your Xbox Gift Card Codes
As mentioned earlier, you can also redeem your Xbox gift card from Microsoft Windows 10. Keep in mind that you have to remain logged in to windows 10, with the same account you are using on the Xbox console. You need to do the following for redeeming your card;
- Firstly, open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 laptop or computer.
- Select on the ellipsis option that you will find on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the option “ Redeem a code.”
- You will have to enter your Microsoft or Xbox gift card code in the available space there.
- After you select the option, click on next to add the credit to your account.
Above is a detailed procedure to guide you through the procedure of redeeming your gift card code on any device of your choosing. This process is so easy and will not take much time but help you gain a lot.