The popularity of ChatGPT has made Google think hard about its future in the search business. The company is said to be working on a worthy product called Apprentice Bard to counter OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
- OpenAI’s ChatGPT has received rave reviews from users. This has prompted Google to accelerate its own AI development. They have developed an upgraded version of Chatbot known as Apprentice Bard to counter the situation.
- Google’s Apprentice Bard is a real winner compared to OpenAI’s ChatGPT as it provides answers that reference recent events, which is not possible in the current version of ChatGPT.
- Google has asked its staff to test this all-important AI tool so that they get a Q & A tool that is compatible with desktop searches.
Since its emergence last year, OpenAI’s ChatGPT has been nothing short of a revelation. Is there anything that this ingenious chatbot cannot do? It answers queries, writes computer code, and assists in passing law and business school exams. Seeing the reception that ChatGPT has received, Google has already started to counter this competition by introducing an AI project that will excite you to the moon!
Taking a leaf out of OpenAI’s ChatGPT chatbot, Google has started to test a ChatGPT-like homepage. It is known as Apprentice Bard, which uses Google’s LaMDA language technology.
Here’s a tweet confirming that Google has already started taking this initiative quite seriously.
We’re getting closer 🙂 -> Google asks employees to test potential ChatGPT competitors, including Apprentice Bard, a chatbot that uses its LaMDA conversational tech. It’s also testing new search page designs that integrate the chat technology: https://t.co/fK4YxSZSjE pic.twitter.com/s9nmHns9tC
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) February 1, 2023
An interesting fact you might have missed about this revolutionary Google product: Apprentice Bard takes the place of Meena chatbot.
As per CNBC, Google staff have keenly noticed that Apprentice Bard provides clever responses over time. One thing that Apprentice Bard needs to improve in comparison to OpenAI’s ChatGPT is how it provides resolution to the queries asked by the users. LaMDa was launched by taking into account dialogue information.
One thing that Apprentice Bard needs to improve in comparison to OpenAI’s ChatGPT is the manner in which it provides resolution to the queries asked by the users. LaMDa was launched by taking into account dialogue information.
In simple terms, it means the tool can curate quality conversational-style responses. But there is still a lot of scope for improvement when it comes to comprehending intricate language structures when compared to OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
The future will tell us who will win this search battle between Google and OpenAI. But, the one we can be sure of is improvement in how search is being performed moving forward.
More from The Technographx
- ChatGPT Vs Google: The Major Battle of Techo World?
- ChatGPT: A Revolutionary Product Looking to Overtake Google
- 15 Craziest Things You Can Do with ChatGPT
For more information, visit Technographx.