Many a times when you power on your pc, you might find out that you don’t have the access to the internet and then you troubleshoot the problem using the Windows Network Diagnostics tool. After the problem gets completely troubleshooted, you get the error message signifying that: Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource.
Recently, many users are having this problem and so if you are one of them then continue reading the post as we are going to discuss the solutions to this problem. This problem is majorly caused due to the DNS issues and the network driver issues. These solutions will apply to Windows 10, 7, 8 & 8.1.
First of all try to update the network drivers manually or automatically as in most cases the problem gets solved. If it doesn’t get solved, then have a look at the below-given methods.
Solution 1: Obtain the IP address and DNS server address automatically
Follow these steps for solving the problem through this method:
1) First of all, open the Control Panel.
2) Then set the View by Large icons and then Click on Network and Sharing Center.
3) The next step is to Click the Change adapter settings.
4) Now, Right click the network you’re using and then select Properties.
5) Now, High-light Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
6) Check the options named Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
7) Then, Click OK to save the changes.
8) Now, you have to Repeat above steps for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Solution 2: You have to Change the DNS to Google’s public DNS
Follow these steps for solving the problem if the above method didn’t work out.
1) Firstly, Open Control Panel.
2) Click Network and Sharing Center.
3) Then Click Change adapter settings.
4) Select properties by right clicking the network you’re using.
5) click Properties by High-lighting Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
6) You have to Check Use the following DNS server addresses and then type 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS server field.
7) For applying the changes, click OK.
Solution 3: You have to Clear DNS cache
Follow these steps:
1) Open command prompt by searching cmd in the search box and then right click it and select run as administrator.
2) You have to Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Now, check to see if the problem is resolved or not.
So, these were the solutions to fix the Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource error. Hope it solves your problem too!