The gamers are currently facing the problem of steam content file locked and it is very annoying for them. So, today Technographx has brought the solutions for fixing this issue. Let us have a look at the steps.
Method 1: Repair Corrupt Files
The Repairing of Corrupt Files is the favorite method for fixing any fault or flaw. The corrupt files can cause serious trouble and as a whole destroy the first-rate operation functionality. So, it is very important to fix the corrupt file for treating the error steam content file locked.
- Now, you have to first of all Quit Steam and then go to “Steam Directory” on the PC that you have chosen while installing the application.
- Now, you may proceed to the “Logs” folder and then select “Txt.”
- Now, hunt for recent errors after moving extreme down to the text file.
- Now, you have to find out the “root folder” of the mod.
- Now, restart the steam and then proceed to the downloads folder. The update message will pop up immediately.
- Now, you can kill the flaw by updating the necessary files.
Also Read:- Steps for Disabling Avast Antivirus on your PC
Method 2: Retune Winsock
This is another fundamental problem that causes this error. But, don’t worry, following the below-given steps will solve your problem with ease.
- First of all, press the Windows key and R together to open Run.
- Now, insert the following command in the dialogue box “netsh winsock reset”.
- Now, press enter to execute the command that you have run.
Method 3: Reposition Steam Installation and Game Files
- For solving the problem through this method, first of all, locate your “Steam client” and then go to “Settings.”
- Now, select “Downloads” and then hit “Steam Library Folders.”
- Now, click on “Add Library Folders” and then select a new path where you want Steam to be located.
- By performing this step, you will be provided a platform for all other installations to be located in the desired folder.
- Now, you can Exit “Steam” client.
- Now, you have to locate your current Steam location.
- Now, you have to Delete all files and folders mentioned expect “SteamApps and UserData Folder.”
- Now, you have to cut all the file and folders and paste them into the new directory
- Finally, Launch “Steam” and then you have to re-login.