Windows 10 is used by many people around the world and many of them are currently facing the error of “Service registration is missing or corrupt”. This problem is not getting fixed by Windows Update troubleshooter.
But, don’t worry as Technographx has brought some excellent solutions that will help you to fix this error.
Method 1: Run sfc/ Scannow Command
The corrupted system files might have caused this error. So, open Command Prompt and run sfc/ scannow command to detect and fix the corrupted system files.
Follow these steps:
- First of all open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter when command prompt opens.
It may take some time so please be patient and wait. After that the corrupted system files will be removed
Method 2: Start Windows Update Related Services
The problem would occur if Windows Update related services are stopped. You have to check and make sure the related Windows Update services are running. Here are some solution of Hp printer not printing.
Follow steps below:
- You have to press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time for opening the Run dialog box.
- Now, type services.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- Open Windows Update Properties dialog for finding and double-clicking on Windows Update service
- Now, Set “Startup type” to Automatic and click Apply button.
- Now, check If the Service status is stopped then click Start button to start the service. Then click OK button.
Restart the service status if it is already running.
- Now, you have to Repeat above steps to start or restart Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- Now, you have to Repeat above steps to start or restart Cryptographic Service.
- You have to Download and install Windows Update again
Method 3: You Have To Run Windows Update Commands
- First of all, you have to Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Now, you have to run the below commands one by one. Type one command at a time.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
If you are working with a lot of documents and printers then you may face “the active directory domain services unavailable” error.