Many of the Windows users have suffered from a problem where up to 95% of their CPU and/or Disk has been used by a process known as System Host: Local System (Network Restricted). Service host local system high CPU problem can be solved and today Technographx has brought the solutions to it. Let us have a look at them.
Solution 1: You Have To Disable The Superfetch Service
- Open Run by pressing Windows Logo key + R
- Now, you have to type services.msc into the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Just scroll down the list of services on your computer and locate the service called Superfetch.
- You have to double-click on Superfetch to edit its settings.
- Now, click on Stop for stopping the service.
- Now, just set the Startup type for Superfetch to Disabled.
- Now, just click on Apply and then click OK.
- Now, restart your computer and see whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 2: You Have To Fix The Memory Leak In The Non-Paged Pool Of Memory
If the first solution doesn’t work, don’t worry as you can still move onto this solution. Follow the steps given below for solving the issue.
- Open Run by pressing Windows Logo key + R.
- Now, Type regedit into the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Now, In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the following directory:
- You have to click on Services in the left pane and then scroll down under services and chose Ndu.
- Now, In the right pane, locate and double-click on the registry value titled Start to modify it.
- You have to change its Value data to 4. After doing this, it will get disabled and plug the memory leak in the non-paged pool.
- Now, Click on OK and Close the Registry Editor.
- Now, you have to reboot the computer and when your computer gets booted up, you will see that System Host: Local System (Network Restricted) is no longer using a massive amount of your CPU and/or Disk.
The Problem with wireless adapter or access point error message to arrive on your screen and here is the solution for that.
So, these were the solutions to service host local system high CPU Windows 10 issue. Follow them properly and solve the issue.