As a gamer with AirPods, you may be curious about how to connect Airpods to PS4. Sadly, AirPods lack a built-in Bluetooth transmitter, making it somewhat challenging to connect them to a PS4. Nonetheless, there are several workarounds you can use to connect AirPods to a PS4.
How to Connect Airpods to PS4?
Gamers with AirPods can connect them to their PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter or the Remote Play app. However, there are limitations to consider, such as the lack of game chat support and potential latency issues. Troubleshooting and software updates can help to overcome these challenges and provide a wireless gaming experience with AirPods on the PS4.
Connect AirPods to PS4 via Bluetooth Adapter
- Plug the Bluetooth adapter dongle into your PS4’s USB port.
- Wait for the dongle to pair with your PlayStation. The dongle should have a solid blue light when it is paired.
- Open the lid of your AirPods case to enable pairing with the PlayStation.
- Put your AirPods in pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the light on the front of the case starts flashing white.
- Once the AirPods are in pairing mode, they should connect to the Bluetooth adapter automatically. If not, you may need to put the Bluetooth adapter in pairing mode. This process varies depending on the brand and model of the adapter, so refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific steps.
Troubleshooting via Bluetooth
- Firstly, if the AirPods are not showing up on the device, it may be necessary to unpair them from any previously connected devices, as well as make sure they are in pairing mode.
- If the AirPods are still not connecting, it may be necessary to reset them.
- If the AirPods are connected, but the audio quality is poor, or there are other issues, it may be necessary to check the Bluetooth settings on the device. Make sure the AirPods are selected as the audio playback device in the device’s audio settings
- If the issue persists, it may be worth trying to connect the AirPods to another device to see if the issue is with the AirPods or the adapter.
- It may also be helpful to check for any available software updates for the device and the AirPods.
Connect AirPods to PS4 via the Remote Play App
If you want to connect your AirPods to your PS4 using the Remote Play app, you can follow these steps:
- Install the Remote Play app on your smartphone.
- Turn on your PS4 and go to Settings. Then, select Remote Play Connection Settings and choose to Enable Remote Play.
- Open the Remote Play app on your smartphone and sign in to your PSN account using the same credentials you use for your gaming console.
- Follow the prompts to connect to your PS4. Once connected, your AirPods should automatically be recognized as the audio output device.
- Start playing your games and enjoy the audio through your AirPods.
Troubleshooting via Remote Game play
If an app, including the Remote Play app, is out of date, it may generate various errors. To resolve this, updating the app is recommended. Updating the Remote Play app is a straightforward process: navigate to the Settings menu and select System Software Update.
Also Read: How to Connect AirPods to Laptop: Easy Guide and Troubleshooting
What to Predict When Linking AirPods to a PS4?
- Lack of Game Chat Feature:
One of the most important aspects of online gaming is the game chat feature, which allows players to communicate within a group, especially during complex team play.
Unfortunately, some alternatives do not support the use of AirPods’ microphones, making it difficult to effectively communicate with your team.
- Latency Problems:
Using wireless headphones like AirPods during online games adds extra data that must travel back and forth across the network, possibly resulting in audible latency issues
- Inability to Use AirPods Features:
Some AirPods features, such as Siri and automatic ear detection, may be unavailable while wirelessly connecting to the PS console. As a result, your AirPods may only work as a standard pair of true wireless earbuds.
We hope now you are clear how to connect AirPods to ps4 using a Bluetooth adapter or the Remote Play app. However, there are some limitations and potential issues to consider. The lack of game chat support and potential latency problems may impact online gaming experiences, and some AirPods features may not be accessible when connecting to a PS console. But, with troubleshooting and software updates, it is possible to overcome these challenges and enjoy playing games with AirPods on a PS4.
More from Technographx
- How to Connect AirPods to Mac: Easy Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Connect Airpods to iPhone? A Complete Guide to Know
- Apple Homepod: A Smart Speaker with Superior Taste
- Macbook 12in M7 Specification, Review, Features & Facts
- How to Connect AirPods to Apple TV: Easy Guide
For more information, visit Technographx.