Are you a fan of Apple’s handsfree Bluetooth earbuds, AirPods? If so, you’re not alone. The sleek design, noise-cancellation feature, and automatic device switching make them a popular choice among consumers. However, like any tech gadget, they’re not immune to connection issues. Have you experienced trouble pairing your AirPods with your Mac? Don’t fret – we’ve got you covered.
If you’re wondering how to connect AirPods to Mac, this guide has got you covered. We’ll show you the most effective operandis to connect your AirPods to all of your devices seamlessly. You can use some helpful tools and follow these tips to use your AirPods without any connectivity issues.
How to connect AirPods to Mac
Apple’s seamless ecosystem, spanning across devices such as the Apple Watch, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and AirPods, provides users with convenience and time-saving benefits while utilizing AirPods. However, the experience may require an additional tool to optimize it. We can guide you on the leading ways to set up AirPods and AirPods Pro on all your devices.
Before continuing, make sure your device can work on the following devices mentioned below.
For AirPods (1st generation):
- iOS 10 or a later version
- macOS Sierra or a later version
- watchOS 3 or a later version
- tvOS 11 or a later version
For AirPods (2nd generation):
- iOS 12.2 or later version
- macOS 10.14.4 or later version
- watchOS 5.2 or later version
- tvOS 12.2 or later version
For AirPods Pro:
- iOS 13.2 or later version
- macOS 10.15.1 or later version
- watchOS 6.1 or later version
- tvOS 12.2 or later version
For AirPods (3rd generation):
- iOS 13 or later version
- macOS 12 or later version
- watchOS 8 or later version
- tvOS 14 or later version
Process to Connecting Your Pair of Airpods with Mac
Step 1: Turn on Your AirPods
The first step in connecting your new AirPods to your Mac is to turn them on by unlocking the charging device and holding down the twinning button until the LED light starts flashing white. You can connect your AirPods to your Mac at this time because they are in pairing mode.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on Your Mac
Once your AirPods are in pairing mode, you’ll need to enable Bluetooth on your Mac. You can do this by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. In case you don’t see the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, you can also enable Bluetooth by navigating through System Preferences/System Settings > Bluetooth > On.
Step 3: Connect Your AirPods
To connect your AirPods on your Mac, turn on Bluetooth on your Mac and then check for available devices. Choose your AirPods from the list and click “Connect” to establish a connection. Your AirPods will now be connected to your Mac and ready to use. This is how to connect AirPods to Mac.
Enabling Automatic Switching of AirPods on Your Mac
In case you are a fan of AirPods, chances are you utilize them with multiple devices, such as your PC and smartphone. Fortunately, considering you’re logged in with the same Apple ID on your tools, Apple allows you to enable automatic switching of your AirPods to the tool that’s currently playing audio. This convenient feature can be a great time saver for you..
If your devices meet the following criteria, automatic switching should be enabled by default, and you don’t need to do anything to activate it.
- Your AirPods must be second generation or latest than that
- All your devices must be running the up to date version of the operating system,
- It is necessary to log in with the same Apple ID on all devices
1. For iPhone or iPad- To connect your AirPods, go to Settings > Bluetooth while they are connected, tap on “More Info” next to your AirPods, and then click “Connect to This iPhone/iPad” followed by “When Last Connected to This iPhone/iPad”.
2. On Your Mac- To learn how to pair AirPods to MacBook, first, make sure they’re nearby and connected. Then, open System Preferences > Bluetooth, hit on “Options” beside your AirPods, and pick “When Last Connected to This Mac” from the “Connect to This Mac” list.
The Best Way to Correct AirPods Which are Not Connecting
Troubleshooting AirPods internet connectivity problems can be challenging since several factors can contribute to the issue. The tips below can assist you in identifying the issue and ensuring that you can easily reconnect your AirPods.
- If you observe any marks on your AirPods, clean them with a slightly damp cloth or rub them with a sapless cloth. Before reconnecting the devices to your Mac or iPhone, ensure they are completely dry.
- If you encounter issues with one of your AirPods, regulate the stereo balance on your iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
- Sometimes a straightforward solution is all that is required. If you are experiencing issues, consider unpairing your AirPods and pairing them again.
- If none of the other solutions work, try resetting your AirPods to their default settings.
In conclusion, connecting AirPods to a Mac can sometimes be tricky, but following these steps can make it a breeze. Ensure your devices are up-to-date, adjust settings, clean your AirPods, unpair and pair again, and reset them if necessary. With these tips on how to connect AirPods to a Mac, you’ll be listening to your favorite tunes in no time.
More from Technographx
- How to Connect AirPods to Laptop: Easy Guide and Troubleshooting
- How to Connect Airpods to iPhone? A Complete Guide to Know
- How to Connect AirPods to PS4: Easy Tutorial
- How to Connect AirPods to Apple TV: Easy Guide
- Macbook 12in M7 Specification, Review, Features & Facts
For more information, visit Technographx.