As some might know, you can easily pair both AirPods and AirPods Pro with all Bluetooth-enabled devices which also entails Windows, Chromebook, and even Android. If you own any device that is not manufactured by Apple, you might need to perform the process of syncing the AirPods by yourself and pair it via Bluetooth akin to the way you do with any other Bluetooth headphones. However, if you do own Apple products, it is quite easy to sync the AirPods with your devices. Read on to know how to connect airpods to chromebook.
Follow the steps stated below to connect any AirPods to Chromebook:
Note: Make sure you have disconnected your AirPods with any other devices before syncing it with Chromebook.
- First and foremostly, turn on your Chromebook.
- Afterwards, click on the ‘Network’ icon from which you can get access to functions such as Battery Percentage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Then enable the Bluetooth, keep in mind that when it is turned on, it is blue in color.
- Once you have enabled the Bluetooth, let your Chromebook search for any nearby Bluetooth devices. The AirPods should appear in the list, and if for some reason they do not, simply press the back button on your AirPods’ charging case and wait till you can see your Chromebook recognizing the AirPods.
- Once the AirPods appear in the list, you simply have to click on it which will make it pair with your Chromebook. (You will also notice a pop-up which will corroborate the pairing).
How to Unpair AirPods from Chromebook?
If you are looking for the most uncomplicated way to unpair your AirPods or AirPods Pro from your Chromebook, then it is probably best to turn off the Bluetooth on your Chromebook. Additionally, you can also try to press and hold the back button of your AirPods’ charging case as another way to disconnect your Chromebook.
But if for some unknown reasons, the aforementioned steps are not convenient, then you can simply follow the below stated quick solutions:
- The old classic— restart your Chromebook.
- Another way to disconnect your AirPods is to clean up the connector inside the case of your AirPods with the help of earbuds. Then quickly reset your AirPods (You can reset your AirPods by pressing and holding the button provided on the charging case. Also make sure to hold until you see amber light glinting on the AirPods’ case).
- You can also try keeping your AirPods on charge. Make sure you charge it for at least fifteen minutes.
- If not any of the abovementioned solutions are working, try checking volume settings on your Chromebook. Now, turn on the speaker from your Chromebook keyboard or simply select AirPods as the output audio device from the speaker icon which is displayed at the bottom. Also, under the audio settings on Chrome OS, you can adjust the left or right audio balance.
Authentication Failed While Connecting AirPods to Chromebook?
While there are a plethora of reasons as to why AirPods authentication fails while it connects to Chromebook, the solutions are unfortunately limited but they do work. If you cannot connect your AirPods to Chromebook, the other best solution would be to reset your AirPods. Also, make sure they are up to date.
How to Update AirPods?
Just akin to resetting your AirPods, updating it is only possible when your AirPods are synced with another Apple device. There is no official or manual process to update AirPods as it routinely and automatically updates itself when a new firmware is accessible and available, and when certain conditions are met such as:
Your Airpods will only update when stored in their charging case and when that charging case is linked with the charger, and obviously it should be near the Apple device to which they are synced with.
AirPods connect to the Chromebook but won’t Play the Audio or the Audio Lags?
If you have fruitfully connected your AirPods with your Chromebook but find out that it keeps having audio issues such as the audio skipping or not even playing, you might be able to correct those problems with Chromebooks simply by enabling Newblue.
Newblue is a Bluetooth stack which can be enabled from one of Chrome OS’s flags.
If you want to switch on the Newblue flag, you can simply go to chrome://flags/#newblue and click on ‘enable’.
Once you have enabled it, you will have to restart your Chromebook in order to make the flag active. This method has helped numerous AirPods users to solve issues such as lagging audio or the audio not even playing.
That was all about how to connect airpods to chromebook. The process is easy but as the airpods are primarily made for Apple devices, it might be a problem to connect to a chromebook but you can do it through the steps mentioned above. Just follow the steps and just get it done now.
For more information, visit Technographx.