Destiny 2 is a top-rated online multiplayer game developed by Bungie and published by Activision. The game was released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game has worldwide recognition, and many players love to play this.
Currently, many players are facing the issue of DESTINY 2 Error Code Buffalo while playing the game, and it is very annoying. Technographx has brought this article for explaining to you why this problem arises and what are the possible solutions to it. Let us have a look at them.
What Is DESTINY 2 Error Code Buffalo?
The problem is that you are logged into the game, and so now you are not able to log in again. This is a common issue with online games, and it is very challenging to fix.
And the worst part is that this error code isn’t just limited to PCs but also shows up on Xbox and Playstation.
Though it is hard to fix this error, there are some very good tips that are provided down below for you to get rid off this issue.
First, you’ve to understand the specific reason why this error is displaying on the screen, and after that, you need a perfect solution for that. So here we are providing various reasons and also giving answers so that you can resolve this error code.
There are many reasons for this error code, which is popping up on your screen. Let’s see what are the reasons:
1. Server Maintenance
One possibility is that this error is happening due to the recent server maintenance or update, and that is why you and other players are unable to play the game. But whenever servers are under maintenance, Bungie always notifies in advance to the clients.
But if there is no such notification then you can always check the status of the server by the following links:
- PlayStation Network Status: https://status.playstation.com
- Xbox Live Status: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
- Blizzard Support: https://battle.net/support/
2. Packed Servers
Another reason is maybe because of the packed servers. Sometimes, all the servers are busy, and that’s the reason you’re facing a DESTINY 2 Error Code Buffalo.
3. Expired Subscriptions
The PlayStation users only have this reason because their subscription might have expired, and for Xbox users, maybe their Xbox live subscription is expired.
And the solution – Renew the subscription today!!
4. Logged In From Multiple PCs
If you logged in the game from different PC’s at the same time, then you might have this error. (which is a valid reason!)
5. Battlenet Client Error
Many times the client has a problem in communicating with the server after logging in. Try simply logging in again and again and check whether the error is fixed or not.
After you know the reason why this error was kept coming on the screen, it’s time to get rid of it. Here we are giving solutions to this vexatious problem:
1. Continue Trying To Connect
The first thing you should do is keep on trying to connect. It was also suggested by Bungie that users have to keep on trying to reconnect with the server even before trying any other method!!
2. Delete A Specific File
- Type % app data% in the Run dialogue box. (press Windows Key + R key combination to open a run dialogue box), then click ‘OK’ to open it.
- Search for the Bungie folder and open it.
- Inside this folder, you’ll find a DestinyPC folder, search and open the Prefs folder, which is inside of it.
- You’ll find a cvars.xml file inside that folder, right-click on this file and select delete.
- Now, open your Destiny game and check whether the problem is solved or not.
3. Log Out Of BattleNet And Log In Again
Sometimes this error can be solved by logging out from the BattleNet and immediately again logging in.
- First, open the BattleNet Desktop app.
- Then click the desktop icon inside the client, which is present at the upper left corner and select logout.
- After you successfully logout, a new window will open.
- Fill your login details and logged in.
- Now again, check if the problem is fixed or not.
4. Use A VPN To Run The Game
Another way you can fix the Destiny 2 Error Code Buffalo is by using the VPN. Some players have reported that this method helped them with logging back in.
“One thing you should know that close the VPN program after launching the game because after the game is successfully launched, you don’t need this.”
5. Change The Server To Another Location
Another way to resolve this error is to change the location or region of the Blizzard desktop application. By switching the locations, you may lead to another server; by doing this, some of the error codes get resolved. Another thing you can do is waiting for the maintenance to end for some time will be a perfect way.
“You can also close the game, PC launcher, computer and so and restart all of them again. If you have recently logged on any platform, then you have to restart it as well.”
Let’s talk about the trending game PUBG network lag detected issue.
So, these were the various solutions you can try out for fixing the error. You can also look at the forums where the players post their queries as it will help you to get a new solution for this problem. And for more technology news and updates, visit Technographx.