Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email application that is launched by Mozilla Foundation. Mozilla Thunderbird allows users to configure several email applications using the IMAP or POP settings similar to MS Outlook. The email application provides options to manage email, create contacts, calendar, and many more. However, if you create a Thunderbird email account, the mailbox data is stored in the MBOX file format. Here we will discuss how to import Mbox file into thunderbird account on mac.
MBOX is one of the most extensively used email applications. Apart from Thunderbird, the MBOX file format supports many other email clients such as AppleMail, Sylpheed, Eudora Spicebird, Netscape, Entourage, PocoMail, Evolution, SeaMonkey, and Mulberry.
If you want to open the MBOX file without the email program, first you need to import the MBOX file into the compatible email client. Furthermore, Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source and free email application that is suitable for both email and Windows and Mac operating systems.
On the other hand, if you want to switch from one system to another you have to open your Thunderbird profile into the new operating system. In the below section, we have provided the best solutions for Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX import.
How to Import MBOX File into Thunderbird Manually?
The importing steps in Mac are different from Windows. In windows, the MBOX file is within Gmail, and in Mac, Apple mails are present in the MBOX file format. Given below are two methods to import the MBOX files to Thunderbird.
Method 1: Import Mac Mails to Thunderbird as MBOX
To open the MBOX file in Thunderbird, you have to import the Apple mails to Thunderbird. Follow the given below steps accordingly.
- Open the Thunderbird application by entering your credentials.
- Navigate the Tools tab and select the Import option.
- In the wizard, choose the Mail and tap on the Next button.
- After that, select Apple Mail and again press the Next button.
- At last, your Apple mail MBOX files are successfully imported into Thunderbird mail. Press Finish.
Method 2: Configure Apple Mail in Thunderbird
In this method, you have to configure the Apple mail account in the Thunderbird application. Follow the given below steps for the same.
- Launch the Thunderbird application on your macOS.
- Locate the Tool tab and click on the Account Settings option.
- Now, tap the Account Action tab on the bottom left pane.
- Then, select the Add a Mail account option.
- After that, enter your Full Name, Email Address, Password, and then press the Continue button.
The above methods help you in importing your MBox file in Thunderbird. But there are some drawbacks of the above manual method some of them are listed below:
- The process is a lengthy and efforts consuming process.
- Users require technical expertise to import the MBOX file.
- There are chances of data loss at the time of importing the file.
To overcome this issue, let’s have a look at the professional method that import MBOX file into Thunderbird effortlessly. In the below section, we have provided the expert solution that helps to transfer the MBOX file to the Thunderbird account effortlessly. Also, does not require any technical expertise to operate the professional tool.
Using the above method, users can open the MBOX file in Thunderbird. But the process is not secure to transfer emails to Thunderbird as it causes data loss. So to overcome this issue, let’s have a look at the professional method that import MBOX file into Thunderbird effortlessly.
How to Extract MBOX File in macOS?
To extract the MBOX file from macOS, export the Apple mail in the MBOX file format. To perform this action, you need to follow the steps that are listed below:
- Open Apple Mail on your Mac operating system.
- Choose the Folders (inbox, sent, draft, trash, etc.) you need to export as MBOX files.
- Locate the Menu bar and select Export Mailbox from the Mailbox menu.
- In the end, Choose the desired location, and press the Choose button.
Now, the process will take a few seconds for Apple mail to extract as an MBOX file. After that, you have to use the professional method that import MBOX file into Thunderbird effortlessly.
Professional Way to Import MBOX File to Thunderbird
Mac MBOX File Converter is the best utility to import MBOX files to different file formats and email clients. Users can easily export their MBOX files to PDF, PST, EML, MSG, HTML, CSV, EMLX, and many more. It migrates MBOX files to Thunderbird, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Opera Mail, Office 365, etc., on macOS. Also, the tool supports all types of MBOX files like MSF, MBX, and MSF on Mac. Moreover, the software converts the MBOX files in bulk.
Overall in this post, we have explained the two different methods to import MBOX file into Thunderbird account manually with some obstructions. So we suggest users have a look at the free demo version of the software. The software imports the file into Thunderbird hassle-free.
Manoj Shukla is Head of Technology at MacSonik Software. He has a keen interest in Technology & Entrepreneurship. Also, he loves cricket, music, and books.