There is no denying the fact that the world of finance and banking has undergone a major upheaval with the launch of cryptocurrencies over the past decade. The blockchain technology on which the Bitcoin rests has brought about significant changes in the way banks function. People are now conducting monetary transactions in different ways. Blockchain technologies have made it possible for mobile money-transfer for the purchase of goods and services online.
With these changes, corresponding changes in the banking industry are inevitable. A huge revolution is expected to take place in traditional banking methods that have hitherto been under a centralized regulatory system. The idea behind cryptocurrencies was to launch a decentralized peer-to-peer currency that will not be regulated by any banks or financial institutions. Being decentralized, cryptocurrencies will be able to offer many benefits over traditional banking methods, like higher efficiency, anonymity, security, and transparency.
- To begin with, cryptocurrencies are being held as a much safer investment option compared to fiat currencies. The conventional banking system has been known to favor moneyed people with sound financial expertise. No surprises then why people prefer to store money inside their homes as cash; fiat currencies are therefore losing their values every year. However, with cryptocurrencies, the money stored cannot get devalued as it is not inside banks. Even with sound financial knowhow, you can make lucrative investments and not have to worry about devaluation.
- Cryptocurrencies can help do away with all the shortcomings in the banking world. Traditional banking used to be very convenient for people to engage in monetary transactions. But, technological advancements exposed banks to a lot of breaches and hacking incidents. Such imperfections can be eliminated with cryptocurrencies; crypto banks are going to be immune to such hackers as all transactions stay private and anonymous.
- With crypto banking, there is no need for any middlemen or intermediaries. Blockchains allow secure transactions that can be carried out seamlessly and independently. In the world of cryptocurrency, the money is not held by anyone entity; rather, it is in the cloud via blockchain technology. So, there is a fear that the traditional banking system may actually disintegrate if more and more people start to opt for crypto banking.
- Unlike traditional money transfer, cryptocurrency transactions turn out to be less expensive. There are no high transaction fees in lieu of convenience. Here is a Bitcoin Era review which explains how quickly and conveniently the trade can be done through automated trading applications.
- Since banks do not issue cryptocurrencies, you can get them through mining where computers are used to solve complex mathematical puzzles. How available a fiat currency is can keep changing according to fiscal policy issues by the government issuing this fiat money. In contrast, cryptocurrencies have a finite nature that is sure to heighten demands, and this will automatically push up the value.
- With continuous advancements in technology, all kinds of financial transactions are expected to become simpler and less problematic. Perhaps the biggest influence of the cryptocurrency world on the banking industry will be in terms of making banking more convenient. You may no longer have to carry cash with you; cryptocurrencies will allow you to do transactions without carrying cash around. It is also less risky because cash with you can be prone to thefts. In cryptocurrency, your money stays secure in digital wallets that are password-protected.